Please Contact Texas Endovascular with questions you may have about vein disease, or to schedule an appointment with us to have your vascular disease diagnosed and treated.
Texas Endovascular provides the most advanced and minimally invasive vein treatments for the Greater Houston area without the risks of surgery or the expense and hassle of going to the hospital. Intervening early helps prevent the escalation of pain and suffering.
Varicose Vein Treatment Information
At Texas Endovascular, we offer a wide range of treatments because each case of varicose veins can be quite different. It is always our primary goal to find a solution for our patients that is best for them as an individual.
Common varicose vein treatments that we recommend include:
Varicose veins occur when veins become stretched out or enlarged over time, leading to non-functioning valves. These leaky valves allow the blood to flow in the wrong direction and back into the legs, a condition known as venous insufficiency. The blood pools and stagnates in the vein, causing it to stretch over time.
Who is at Risk for Varicose Veins?
It is estimated that one in three Americans over the age of 45 has some form of vascular disease. Certain lifestyles and work requirements, such as prolonged sitting or standing, can worsen venous disease. Teachers, police officers, and retail associates are all at risk for developing venous insufficiency and varicose veins.
Other risk factors for varicose veins include obesity, pregnancy, and having a family history of varicose veins. Women are almost 4 times more likely to develop varicose veins than men. Your risk for varicose veins may increase with age.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
Signs you may have varicose veins:
- Veins that are dark purple or blue in color
- Veins that are swollen and rope-like bulging out from the surface of the skin
- An achy or heavy feeling in your legs
- Burning, throbbing, muscle cramping and swelling in your lower legs
- Worsened pain after sitting or standing for a long time
- Itching around one or more of your veins
- Bleeding from varicose veins
- A painful cord in the vein with red discoloration of the skin
- Color changes, hardening of the vein, inflammation of the skin or skin ulcers near your ankle, which can mean you have a serious form of vascular disease that requires medical attention
Offices offering varicose vein treatment in Katy, Suger Land, & Houston, TX for your convenience.